REALLY literal - vancouver fashion & travel blog by Christina Chan: market.

Sunday 13 May 2012

market.

956 1956 3market 956
956 2
Photos by myself & MARKET

[ Forever 21 dress & Zara heels ]

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! If you're wondering where to take your momma on this sunny day in Vancouver, I'd recommend a restaurant that's as sophisticated and beautiful as she is: Market by Jean-Georges. My girlfriends and I dined there recently and we were welcomed by the friendliest staff, followed by a very fascinating meal. Located in the Shangri-La Hotel, Market is the first Jean-Georges restaurant in Canada, and to eat food designed by an internationally known 3 star Michelin chef is slightly intimidating! There are copious dishes to choose from on the menu although one appetizer we ordered really stayed with me. The Market sashimi atop crispy rice was a modern twist to the traditional way of serving it. Add a dash of chipotle emulsion and voila! You have a sumptuous meal. 

Dessert was served a couple blocks down at Italian Kitchen where we bumped into the stars of Once Upon A Time. No doubt they were also trying the orgasmic dessert that are italian doughnuts. I severely urge everyone to try this. It is the most delectable dessert I've had in a while.

As for my outfit, dress of choice was by Forever 21! The silver/blue straps and bright yellow palette really got me. It is basically shapeless when on but whip on a belt and I become an expert nipping and tucking away to create a flattering drape. It isn't bragging if it's the truth. 
Smirk
xxx

Instagram - @REALLYliteral

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous restaurant! Lovely outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm! very tasty! a beautiful place)))

    xx
    Diana
    double-ganger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the dresses & that table setting is absolutely gorgeous.

    Puck | ONEOFPOINTS.com

    ReplyDelete